Environmental pollution has reached its peak, and before it is too late, you should stop for a while to think about simple ways to help you reduce the carbon footprint on the Earth to save it. Experts in the preservation of the environment say that you just have to realize the importance of using eco-friendly products and promote zero waste, to begin with. There are simple daily activities you can do to save the planet from further damage. You and your family can practice them daily and play a positive role in protecting the environment to reduce your carbon footprint on the Earth easily.
Reducing carbon footprint with technology
When it comes to reducing carbon footprint, you can start with technology. The following are some daily items that require a small investment but go the extra mile when it comes to saving on your energy bills-
1. LED bulbs- You should change all the lights in your home to LED bulbs as they can save almost 90% of energy bills. This goes a long way to reduce the carbon footprint of your home.
2. Installation of thermostatic valves- You should install thermostatic valves on all the radiators at home.
3. Home insulation- Make sure the tank you use for hot water is insulated. For the loft, use insulation that has a thickness of at least 180mm.
4. Old refrigerators- Replace any refrigerator more than 15 years old and ensure it has an energy-efficient rating of at least A++. The same holds true for an old boiler you have at home. Replace it with a boiler that is more efficient in energy.
5. Traveling- You should travel less in order to reduce the carbon footprint on the Earth by reducing the number of flights you take to travel from one place to another. In case you need to travel, choose road trips and public transport. For your kids, you can arrange for shared carpools. For traveling to work, you can use the train or the bus over the car. If you are traveling to places nearby, you should cycle or walk.
6. Water- If your tap water is safe for everyone to drink, do not buy bottled water. Do not waste water when washing utensils and clothes.
7. Food- Visit farms and buy organic produce only. Always buy vegetables and fruits in season. The ones out of season might have been flown to your regional area. Make sure you buy products that are close to your home. If possible, reduce meat consumption as much as possible. When it comes to packaged food, avoid buying them as much as possible.
When it comes to reducing carbon footprint, ensure that you eliminate plastic bags and waste to protect the Earth. You should use bags made of natural materials when you shop and invest in more reusable goods over disposal ones. In this way, you and your family can reduce your carbon footprint daily and save the planet from harmful emissions with success!