People, who follow the keto diet, often find it challenging to give up on their favourite snacks. Moreover, as it is a low carbohydrate diet, many snacks you can consume on other diets do not qualify for keto. But that does not mean you have to skip the snacks altogether. Many brands jumped into the market with special snacks that satisfy the cravings and do not affect your ketosis.
But the untold truth is that not every brand is offering premium quality, diet compliant keto bites. You would have to do extensive research, read the labels and gather as much information as you can before you start munching on these snacks. To help you make the right choice, we are giving the expert guidelines you should follow while buying keto snacks.
Guidelines For Making A Purchase
Check The Macronutrients
Always keep the ratio of macronutrients in mind while picking up the snack from the shelf. Ensure that it has the right amount of proteins, fat and the carb ratio is also balanced. Other than this, there should not be any added sugar or fibre in the snack that you eat on a keto diet.
Never fall for words like keto-friendly or no added sugar. Moreover, do not fall prey to the advertisements that you see. Scan the labels thoroughly and check the list of ingredients and their composition. An ideal keto snack should have 70% to 80% of fat and the rest 20% to 30% protein and net carbs. The ingredient list should not have any mention of added sugar into it.
Protein helps you feel full for a period of time and keeps the cravings at bay. The Keto diet is rich in protein and fats. If your snacks are also rich in protein, it will not affect the ketosis zone that the diet puts you in and caters to your cravings.
Packaged keto bites always come in handy when you are on the go and do not have enough time to prepare your snacks. But before you pick the packet and savour the snack, make sure it is from a reputed brand with surety of quality and taste.
These are some guidelines you can follow to select the keto snack that can satisfy your cravings while you are on a diet. So, next time you crave some crunchy snacks, grab the snack based on the guidelines listed above and indulge guilt-free.