Buying electronic components for your company does not mean you only invest in the latest products. You need to make a complete list of your company needs so you can avoid buying components you will not use. The next question that comes to mind is from where should you buy them from?
Abaram Network Solutions is a credible company in Florida, USA that deals with electronic components, IT infrastructure, and hardware networks. The team here counsels and guides business owners on how to plan their IT infrastructure based on their needs. They say every business should resort to smart planning when they buy electronic components in the market.
The experts say that most businesses like to buy them directly from manufacturers, while others prefer purchasing them from authorized distributors. Both of them have their pros and cons. Electronic manufacturers are responsible for designing, manufacturing, and branding their own electronic components. They are accountable for launching new technology in the market.
With every new release, they phase out older components gradually when their demand starts to decline. Sometimes, this phasing out of older electronic components causes many problems to Original Equipment Manufacturers or OEMs if they do not get the notification before this planned decision.
Invest in electronic components wisely
Electronic manufacturers sell their products in two ways- directly to the user or via authorized distributors. If you are a buyer and deal with the electronic components manufacturer directly, you get authentic products from the source. For most buyers, this is the best way for them to invest in quality electronic components for their businesses. However, if you are a small business, you might not be able to directly buy products from the manufacturer because they generally look for a significant business level for the orders to be placed with them.
Given below are the advantages of buying directly from the manufacturer-
- The supply route is short. When you deal directly with the manufacturer, you will face lesser issues with your electronic component. You get a direct supply chain for your needs.
- You get technical support directly, and better after-sales support for your products
- The parts you purchase are genuine and authentic. The components you buy are brand new, and they have been stored and handled correctly.
- Trace your products thoroughly. The electronic component’s supply chain is short. You get direct access to the real manufacturer, and you are aware of where the parts are sourced from.
What are the disadvantages of buying from the direct manufacturer?
- You need to have significant spending levels to quality as their customer
- If the lead times are out or an electronic component is on allocation, most authorized distributors will prioritize your business during these periods of disruption.
The team of experts at Abaram Network Solutions state you should keep both the pros and cons in mind while purchasing electronic components. If you have requirements for small quantities, it is prudent to buy these electronic components from credible authorized distributors in the region.