Watching movies can provide relaxation aside from entertainment. For people who are suffering from anxiety and depression, having these problems can be debilitating and makes you feel alone, however, you can watch movies that can ease the pain that you feel.
According to some experts, movies that are highly entertaining, heartwarming, and inspiring are the movies that people suffering from anxiety and depression should watch.
If you are one of those who suffer from anxiety and depression, you should check out the list that will help you get through these tough times courtesy of 1primewire.com.
- Inside Out– People who watched this animated film have laughed and cried. People say they really invested their feelings to the characters of the movie knowing that the different human emotions were given life through each character. For those who suffer from depression, they say it helped them a lot, it was like there was virtually a light at the end of a dark tunnel where they learned a lot to be grateful and happy in their lives.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower– The movie is also centered around the character’s fight against anxiety and depression where the viewers learned how to understand what is it being like in this situation. They learned how to acknowledge the hardships of depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and taught them how wonderful life can be despite all these hardships that come.
- Big Hero 6– This movie meanwhile, is all about overcoming the grief of losing a family. The character in the movie used the inspiration to overcome grief with finding new friends especially the big and fluffy Baymax which was the robot created by the main character’s deceased brother.
- Silver Linings Playbook– For people who are battling with different mental illness, this movie is perfect for them. It simply portrayed how Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper defied their disabilities by pursuing their passion for dancing at the same time battling their own illnesses until they prevailed. All it takes was love. The movie is fun and full of emotions.
- The Pursuit of Happiness– Probably one of the most recommended movies for people having anxiety and depression, Will Smith nailed his award-winning role as a single father who can barely feed his child while struggling to land a decent job in this very cruel world. The end will surely enlighten people who have anxiety and depression that it is never too late to hope and strive.
- Good Will Hunting– The story about a guy who is gifted with intelligence have not encountered any circumstances in his life that taught him a valuable life lesson until he met a professor who took him into a different adventure that mainly focusing on correcting everything they made mistakes in the past.
- Finding Neverland– Johnny Depp played as J.M Barrie, the author of the famed Peter Pan who realized how precious life can be with family on your side which inspired him to write the book of Peter Pan after he had a relationship with Kate Winslet in the film who happened to have four sons.