A ribbon is a thin band of cloth or plastic. Sometimes it is also found in the form of metal. Its primary use is decorating, binding, and tying. Cloth ribbons have been making natural materials such as silk, cotton, and jute. It has been made from synthetic materials, such as polyester, nylon, and polypropylene. The ribbon has been used for multitudinous useful, ornamental, and symbolic purposes. Many cultures around the world use ribbons Australia in their hair, around the body, and as ornamentation on non-human animals, buildings, and packaging. Some popular fabrics used to make bands are satin, organza, sheer, silk, velvet, and grosgrain.
Types of Ribbons:
There are many types of ribbon found all over the world. The marketing of ribbon has become popular nowadays. There are many types of ribbon. Some ribbons are-
- Grosgrain Ribbon: Grosgrain ribbon is a staple in cloth ribbon. Grosgrain comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns.
- Satin Ribbon: Satin ribbon is a favorite among crafters because it comes in just about every color and is available in both single-face and double-face variations.
- Burlap Ribbon: Burlap is a coarse cloth made of jute, flax, or hemp fibers. Ribbon made with burlap fabric is ideal for conveying the classic, rustic charm. It has been used for home decor, gift wrapping, and crafts.
- Velvet Ribbon: Velvet ribbon is a luxury ribbon which makes it the perfect material for special events and high-end crafts. Velvet ribbon is an excellent choice for home and business decor, especially during the winter months.
- Lace Ribbon: Lace ribbon adds a touch of elegance to high-end events such as weddings and banquets. It is not as durable as grosgrain or satin ribbons. It also makes for an ideal trim on handmade clothes and heirloom dresses, and an endearing accent in scrapbooks.
- Wired Ribbon: Wired ribbon is an absolute fantasy to work with ribbon. It provides flexibility for bows and trim, while the wired edges help maintain the shape of the final project.
- Paper Ribbon: It has been made from thin, creased paper that creates a satisfying texture running the entire length of the ribbon. It has been quickly shaping into bows. The paper ribbon is incredible for gift wrap, scrapbooking, and casual trim.
The word ribbon comes from the Middle English ribban or riban from Old French Ruban, which is probably of Germanic origin ribbons Australia. It is an excellent way of making the gift wrap beautifully.
Pieces of ribbon are used as symbols of support or awareness for various social causes and are called awareness ribbons. The ribbon has been practicing, in some ceremonies, such as in a ribbon-cutting celebration or wedding. The marketing of ribbons has become popular nowadays.