A person can work and live in Australia with the employer nomaination scheme visa or the subclass 186 via. For this visa one needs to have the required skills and also one need to be nominated by an Australian employer for the same. In order to get the subclass 186 visa a person needs to fulfil the following requirements:
- The applicant needs to be nominated for this visa by an Australian employer.
- Should be below 50 years of age.
- Have to meet the skills and posses the English proficiency required for this visa.
An applicant can get this visa by working under any one of the three streams of the employer nomination scheme:
- The temporary residence stream- This stream is mainly for those who are working on a temporary basis, on a temporary work via. Also people who work under this stream should have worked for atleast 2 years in an occupation with the same employer.
- The direct entry stream- This stream is for people who have never worked or have worked for a short period of time in Australia. In order to apply for this stream a person should be outside of Australia.
- The agreement stream- This stream is for the subclass 457 visa people who are sponsored by their employer and work on a temporary basis.
Out of all these the direct entry stream Australia is considered to be the best because people who have never worked in Australia can also apply for it without holding any other visa unlike the other two stream where a person needs to have a subclass 457 visa.
Conditions for this stream
There are a few conditions on which one can get the direct entry scheme Australia like:
- If a person is nominated by an Australia employer six months before the application is submitted.
- Has to be under the age of 45 to apply for this stream.
- Hold the required skills to perform the role and work in a certain occupation also have the English proficiency skills that are required for this stream.
- Should have the required license and registration for this stream.
- A person also has to meet the health requirements and submit the health certificate for the same.
- Fulfil the character requirements and submit the police certificate of all the places where the person has stayed in the last 10 years after the age of 16.
- A person is not supposed to be in Australia while applying for the subclass 186 under this stream.
- The nomination should be by an approved Australian employer.
The employer nomination scheme visa is the best way to get to Australia but it is important to fulfil the skills, language, character and health requirements along with the type of stream a person wants to apply in. Direct entry stream is best for those who want to start fresh and have never worked in Australia before.