Imagine a situation where you get stuck or deviated from the troop while walking through the forest and get lost. Despite of how you end up in the survival situation, you need some crucial tools to get the chance of making you alive. Well, knife is one of such tools to defend you from the terrifying wild animals, setting up the camp and even for preparing the food. So, it is always better to have these kinds of knives in your hand. Today, these survival knives are often offered in the market and you can buy your best. Well, you can read full post here to pick your very best knives for your needs.
Things to be considered
Whether you are looking forward to buy the most reliable survival knife for your camping or any other needs, you should consider a lot of factors. Following are those facts to focus for making the purchase of knives in clear.
- Fixed blade – Compared with the folding blade knife, a knife with fixed blade is effective to use. Folding blade can give you the risk in cutting off your finger. So, it is often better to go with fixed blade.
- Full tang – Handle of the knife is called as full tang. It is better to have the full tang than the half tang for the knife. This is because that the full tang knife could be the very best thing to safeguard your hand.
- Metal of the blade – In most of the cases, blade of the knives are made with carbon steel or the stainless steel. The metal of the blade only determines the hardness, strength, ability and flexibility. So, ensure the quality of tool while buying the best knife.
- Blade design – The blades that are offered in the market are in different designs. Some enchanting designs of the blades are listed here.
- Straight edge
- Partially serrated
- Serrated spine
Depending on your preference, you can pick anyone of these designs.
- Length of the blade – Knives are available in the lengths even from 4 inches to 10 inches. The small blade can cut, but they may not be fit for chopping. On the other hand, large knife can chop well, but they are so difficult to be carried out.
- Thickness of blade – Just like the lengths, blades are available in various thicknesses from 0.1 inch to ¼ inch. Thick knives are good for chopping and prying, as well as thinner one could be effective for carving jobs.
These are all the most important factors that you need to focus while buying the very best knives for your needs. Moreover, you can also read full post here to get additional details for buying the reliable survival knives.